Facilities Maintenance Management for Engineers and Allied Professionals
The discipline of Facilities Maintenance Management (FMM) and the role of Facility Managers, in particular, are evolving to the extent that many managers have to operate at two levels: strategic-tactical and operational. In the former case, clients, customers, and end-user used to be informed about the potential impact of their decisions on the provision of space, services, cost, and business risk. In the latter, it is the role of a Facility Manager to ensure corporate and regulatory compliance plus the proper operation of all aspects of facilities to create an optional, safe and cost-effective environment for the stakeholder.
This workshop is designed for professionals to acquire the requisite skills for effective facilities management which provide a coordinated, comprehensive, preventive maintenance and repairs service for qualitative service delivery for all departmental facilities within an organization. Facilities Management is responsible for the design, construction, renovation, maintenance, repair, and operation of the facilities, grounds, and utilities. The aim of this workshop is to develop the expertise expected of today’s professionals involved in facility management functions, whether they are in the public or private sector in order to deliver optimal services with due consideration for cost and efficiency.
This facility management training course focuses on optimum practices that lift and sustain the quality of life in frequently or publicly-accessed facilities. The objective of this workshop is to aid participants:
- To understand the totality of facilities management as a consolidation of exercises of different functions in facility maintenance and how these affect the quality of life in facilities.
- Identify the key factors that contribute to effective and efficient property maintenance practices.
- Facilities Maintenance Management: An Overview.
- Facility Management Operations.
- Support Systems in Facilities Maintenance
- Facilities Maintenance Planning, Scheduling and Reporting
- Computer Application in Facilities Maintenance Management (CFMM)
- Management of out-sourced Facilities Maintenance
- Safety and Emergency Management System
- Specific Case Studies in Facilities Maintenance
- Local Codes and Ordinance on Facility Maintenance Management
- Assessing Facilities Needs and Selecting the Best Resources
- Facilities Maintenance Investment, Cost Controls and Budgeting Strategies
- Quality in Facilities Management System
- Effective Facilities Procurement and Inventory Management
- Guided Tour of some Facilities
The workshop is designed for Engineers, Estate Valuers, Facilities Managers, Supervisors, Accountants, and all Maintenance Support Personnel.