The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standardizes Data Protection Law across all European Union (EU) Countries and imposes strict new rules on controlling and processing Personally Identifiable Information (PII). The GPR was adopted on the 14th April 2016 and became enforceable on 25th May 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standardizes Data Protection Law across all European Union (EU) Countries and imposes strict new rules on controlling and processing Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
The GDPR was adopted on the 14th April 2016 and became enforceable on 25th May 2018. In our country, the Nigeria Data Privacy Regulation (NDPR) came into effect on 25th April 2019. It is a piece of legislation applicable to Citizens both home and abroad, and also to companies that collect, store or process Nigeria Citizen’s Data locally or internationally. This Regulation has dire consequences for organizations in Nigeria across the globe.
Thus, it is imperative for organizations to have an understanding of the Regulation, the expectations as well as penalties for default. In the light of the above, NECA is organizing a one-day Workshop on the Nigeria Data Privacy Regulation, Safety of Data and Implication for Businesses.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to guide their organisation to:
- Improve Knowledge on Data Collection, Storage and Management
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Build customer trust and confidence
Improve Data corporate governance
- Ensure stronger enforcement of rules
Protect organization’s reputation and avoid fines.
- NDPR Principles: Implication for Businesses
- Fundamentals of NDPR, Objective, Scope and Benefits
- Role of Data Protection Compliance Organization, Data Controllers, Data Processors and Data Protection Officers
- Overview of Consent Forms, Privacy Notes and Policy Rights of Data Subjects
- Approaches to Implementing NDPR.
This course is targeted at all Information Technology Manager, Statisticians in Public and Private Sectors, Medical Record Officers in Public and Private Hospitals, Directors of Finance, Accountants, Project Managers, Human Resources/Administrative Managers, Captains of Industries, Security & Safety Executives, Legal Practitioners, Other relevant Stakeholders, Company Secretaries, and Legal Advisers, Regulatory and Compliance Managers. etc.