OBJECTIVES OF SWIP The specific objectives of the Project are to:
- Conduct Periodic Audit of OSH infrastructure and structure in contributing companies in the six (6) geo-political zones.
- Ascertain the extent of compliance with existing rules, laws and standards on OSH, in order to determine the risk exposure of the Fund. Improve the quality of health and safety accident prevention infrastructure in contributing companies.
- Promote awareness on OSH, based on best practice and contemporary developments through capacity building programmes in contributing companies on an on-going basis as part of the strategies designed to reduce work place injuries.
- Promote a symbiotic relationship between NSITF and the contributors to the Employee Compensation Scheme through a yearly Award Systems to companies adjudged best as well as least OSH compliant.
- Conduct yearly Employers – NSITF Interactive Enlightenment Forum for the purpose of reviewing developments in the field and obtaining feedback from contributors on how the scheme could be re-positioned for meaningful impact.