Over the years, NECA has contributed to the growth and competitiveness of businesses in Nigeria through capacity building programmes on various broad themes. These programmes include Open (scheduled), Enterprise and Policy-Based Programmes. As part of its contribution to national vocational skills development, NECA is partnering with the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) to run the NECA-ITF Technical Skills Development Programme. The Scheme has been producing quality manpower for industrial use. This premium Project has further placed NECA at the fore-front of capacity building for organizational and national development.
II. NECA’S TRAINING PROGRAMMES BROAD THEMES
Over the years, NECA has significantly built the competencies and capacity of the employees of its member-companies in areas such as:
✓ Administration and General Management
✓ Business Strategy and Marketing Communication
✓ Finance, Corporate Accounts and Tax Matters
✓ Human Resource Management
✓ Leadership & Strategic Planning
✓ Occupational Safety, Health and Environment
✓ Pre-Retirement and Entrepreneurship
✓ Productivity Improvement
✓ Socio-Economic, Labour Laws & Employment Relations
✓ Project Management
✓ Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Our training is designed to ensure quality and effective delivery of training interventions. Below is our process map:
- Pre-Training Analysis
- Module Design and Development
- Programme Implementation
- Training Evaluation and Examination
III. REASONS TO PARTNER WITH US
• Our resolve is to meet your needs: All programmes are designed to meet client’s needs and desired objectives. As an Employers’ Association, we have first-hand knowledge about employer’s issues and challenges. These we bring to bear in our interactions with organisations to ensure that we add value and exceed your expectations.
• We are involved in building the skills required for business growth and economic development: We are strategic partner in skills empowerment for numerous brown field projects in institutions and training centres across the country.
• Almost 60 years interaction with employers, employees, government and the international community: Having interacted with employees and employees’ representatives and other stakeholders for almost 60 years, we understand employees’ psychology and how best to impact the companies’ most valuable asset for improved productivity.
• Our varied methodologies promote active and participatory learning: Drawing from practical experiences of employers in the global economy, our training interventions delivery methodologies are varied as adult learning principles guide training implementation. Discussion sessions are spiced with practice exercises, case studies, role-plays among others. There is experience sharing based on practical issues as it relates to the workplace.
NECA has on-going partnerships with the following Agencies:
• International Labour Organization (ILO)
• Lagos State Government on Skills Development and Employment Generation.
• Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) on “Safe Workplace Intervention
Project” to reduce hazards and accident in the workplace.
• Pension Commission of Nigeria (PenCom)
• Industrial Training Fund (ITF) on Vocational Skills Development for Industrial
use. Skills such as:
✓ Mechanical Maintenance
✓ Welding and Fabrication
✓ Electrical and Electronics Maintenance
✓ Automation and Process Control
✓ Brewery Operations
✓ Packaging Operations
✓ Integrated Farming
✓ Poultry Husbandry
✓ Aqua-Culture Breeding, Rearing & Hatchery
✓ Livestock Feed, Aqua-Culture Feeds, Small Ruminants
✓ Garment Technician
V. NECA LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE:THE WAY FORWARD
The NECA Training Centre aims to expand its scope to take on more specialised training, capacity development for industry.
Also, to ensure the sustainable enhancement of Nigeria’s quality infrastructure on a long term basis and institutionalise improved quality, safety, integrity and marketability of Nigerian goods and services, it is imperative to establish a Centre that will be focused on building competencies of professionals that will drive the process towards Certification. The Training Centre will provide highly qualified Auditors and Lead Auditors for other Conformity Assessment Bodies.
With our involvement in the National Quality Infrastructure Project (NQIP) for Nigeria, we have identified a gap in skills and competency development for international certification Training required by enterprises and Conformity Assessment Bodies (CAB). In order to bridge this widening gap, there is an urgent need for availability of a training centre capable of providing a pool of highly trained professionals, qualified and experienced Auditors and Lead Auditors. This gap had been validated by frequent requests from individuals and organizations alike on the availability of a recognized training centre that offers certified courses.
In furtherance of its capacity and competency building programmes at the National and State levels, NECA is in the process of upgrading its training centre/offerings to include ISO Training to meet the national competency need. Our aim is to build an internationally recognised Training Centre that is poised to build competencies and provide the required pool of professionals to meet the needs of companies and certification bodies locally, in the region and globally.